Level Up your Summer BBQ
Wishing you a happy summer! Although our summer Saturdays may look a little different this year, it doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy them just as much!
Whether you’re cooking up a BBQ with your closest family and friends or keeping it low-key, we wanted to share a few of our Resilience CBD summer faves to keep your spirits and wellness in check!
THE REFRESH COCKTAIL (OR MOCKTAIL)
You can get away with this one all four seasons of the year! It’s like summer in a glass–not to mention a healthy and delicious way to refresh while you prepare to grill up your main course.
- 4 tbs fresh squeezed OJ (Or juice of one whole orange)
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 ml Orange Rise CBD oil
- 1.5 cups of mixed berries (we recommend strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries)
- 2 tbs of simple syrup or agave
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- 1 medium bottle of club soda
- a handful of thinly sliced oranges
- Rum or Vodka (optional)
- Grab your favorite pitcher
- Mix the orange juice, lemon juice, CBD, basil, and simple syrup until everything is evenly coated and mixed.
- Wait about 5 minutes to let the ingredients sit. Then drop in the berries and orange slices.
- If making a cocktail, pour in preferred liquor and stir
- Top with club soda!
- Fill glasses with ice, pour in the cocktail and enjoy!
A SUMMER CLASSIC, WITH A TWIST
You’re going to love this one — it’s a healthy twist on a classic summer favorite: hot dogs! This is great for those looking to celebrate and enjoy the holiday without getting too off track on their fitness goals.
- 1 pack chicken or turkey dogs cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ red onion cut into large chunks
- 2 bell peppers, cut into large chunks
- 1 ml Resilience CBD oil of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs olive oil
OTHER ITEMS NEEDED
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat
- Toss the chopped bell pepper, onion, sausage, salt and pepper, garlic powder, CBD, and olive oil in a medium sized bowl.
- Slide the veggies and sausage onto the skewers
- Place the skewers directly onto the grill. Shut the grill and cook until meat is cooked through (about 6 minutes)
- Lay the foil onto the grill and transfer skewers onto foil so the veggies continue to soften.
- Once fully softened, remove from grill and enjoy!
Voila! You’re now ready to host a BBQ, or join in on a virtual backyard kickback! As always, please share your Resilience Recipes with us on social @ResilienceCBD so we can see your masterpieces!
Share this Blog post!
Written by: Michael Tatz | Linkedin
Michael Tatz is the Co-Founder of Resilience CBD, and a passionate leader in the health & fitness world helping others rise to and crush their wildest goals. A former Division 1 college wrestler, Army Officer, and investment manager at Goldman Sachs, he has pushed his body and mind to the limits on the mats, dressed in camo, and in the boardroom.
Today, he spends his time leading Resilience CBD to develop the absolute best recovery products for athletes everywhere. Resilience was founded after CBD personally impacted Michael’s life, and the brand was built to partner with everyday athletes in pursuit of conquering their most difficult challenges, rebounding after their toughest performances, and rising to their goals that once seemed impossible.