There’s no doubt about it—modern life is hectic. And amidst the hustle and bustle, most of us are searching for that one tantalizing and elusive thing—balance.
How can we meet our obligations at work, yet make plenty of time for friends and family? How can we be there for others, yet also carve out time for ourselves?
There are only so many minutes in a day, and it may sometimes feel like we’re not just choosing between going for a swim and reading a book—we’re choosing between important life stuff like a work deadline and a long-sought-after personal goal!
If you’re wondering how to find balance, we’re here to help.
CBD is an increasingly popular supplement for promoting balance and wellness. However, in this life, there are no magic wands. To truly find equilibrium, incorporate CBD into new healthy routines that can support you in the long term.
This is your guide to formulating a balanced life routine with CBD and other healthy habits.
- Starting your day with a positive and healthy morning routine can make all the difference in the world when you’re trying to live a balanced life. Adding CBD into your morning rituals can help you feel uplifted all day long.
- Balancing sedentary activities with movement can help your mind and your body feel happier and healthier. But after a tough workout, your sore muscles may prevent you from going back to your exercise routine. CBD can help soothe achy limbs so you can feel better and jump right back into your fitness regimen.
- Learning to manage and cope with stress can allow you to enjoy a more balanced and fulfilled life. CBD works with the body’s systems to help calm worries and soothe away negative thoughts so you can always find your footing no matter what life throws at you.
- Nourishing your body with vitamin-rich foods, supplements, and even skincare products can help you achieve a deep sense of mind-body balance from the inside out. CBD-infused products like supplements and moisturizers can add an extra layer of wellness help to your day-to-day life.
- Sleep heals the mind and the body so you can start fresh every day. Prioritize your sleep health by adding CBD to your bedtime daily routine. CBD’s calming effects can help clear your mind and relax your body for a night of replenishing sleep.
Step 1: Start the Day on a Positive Note
Rolling out of bed to throw on your clothes, grab a granola bar, and rush out the door can set a hectic, unbalanced tone for the day. However, mornings offer an amazing opportunity to start your day ready for the challenges ahead. Even if you’re not a morning person, you may find that creating a healthy morning daily routine can transform your life. When you genuinely look forward to beginning your day, it’s easy to skip the “snooze” button and greet the sun with positivity.
CBD is a helpful part of your morning routine because it can help encourage a positive mindset and boost your energy.
If you think of CBD as primarily used for relaxation, this can come as a surprise! However, CBD is not a sedative.
- CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system, which helps regulate sleep, memory, stress response, mood, and more.
- CBD does not directly bind with nerve receptors. While scientists are still working to understand how CBD works, it seems that CBD helps the endocannabinoid system maintain homeostasis and balance.
- Since this system regulates mood, CBD may help you begin your day feeling bright and refreshed.
You’ll need to take a few extra steps to truly find balance each morning. Our favorite tips include:
- Set a consistent wake-up time, and make sure you have enough time to get eight hours of sleep before that alarm goes off!
- Start your day with a mindful activity, whether that means meditation, deep breathing, gentle yoga, or just drinking your first cup of coffee or tea without looking at a screen.
- Eat a well-rounded breakfast with healthy food rich in protein, antioxidants, and complex carbohydrates. This could be as simple as granola and fruit.
- Take CBD oil by placing it underneath your tongue and holding for at least 30 seconds. You can also stir a bit of CBD oil into your morning coffee with a bit of cream for a soothing morning ritual with mood-boosting benefits.
Step 2: Find Ways to Move (and Recover)
Another key to maintaining a healthy mood and a balanced life? Getting plenty of exercise.
Even if you work long hours at a desk job or love to unwind by binge-watching TV on the couch, balancing sedentary habits with active ones can help achieve mind-body wellness. Consider the following options:
- Bike or walk to work (or bike or walk part of the way)
- Take the stairs whenever you can
- Use 30 minutes of your lunch break to take a walk
- Remember that dance, yoga, gardening, and hiking are all forms of exercise
- Take just 10-15 minutes to complete a HIIT workout
But sometimes, the only thing that keeps you from getting exercise is the way your body feels after your last workout! Sore muscles and achy limbs can keep you from enjoying your favorite active habits.
Part of healthy exercise means developing a healthy recovery routine, too.
And CBD can help!
Many people swear by CBD as a way to soothe sore muscles and relax stiff joints. How does it work?
- During exercise, your muscles tear at a microscopic level. One reason why our muscles feel dull and achy after exercise is because our bodies interpret these tears as injuries and create inflammation at the site. While this inflammation signals our body to repair the cells, it also creates sensations of discomfort.
- Studies show that CBD can help reduce post-exercise inflammation, lessening the effect so that you can get back to moving without lingering discomfort.
- This is just one reason why we recommend CBD for athletes seeking to uplevel their performance.
You can apply a CBD muscle salve topically or take CBD oil for a more wide-spread effect. That way, you’re less likely to feel like you’ve gone too hard and you’ll have a better chance at keeping up a regular fitness routine for a more balanced life.
Step 3: Develop Healthy Ways to Cope With Stress
We all know that life is full of unforeseen circumstances. An event like a car breakdown or sudden work deadline can disrupt the flow of our day or week—but only if we let it.
When you learn to go with the flow of life, you’re more likely to find the right balance. It’s a bit of a Buddhist perspective: we can learn to ride out the highs and the lows with a sense of equilibrium.
At this point, it won’t come as a surprise to hear that CBD may help you find a little more peace and calm. After all, your endocannabinoid system influences how you deal with stress, too! By supporting this system, CBD can help support relaxation.
We also recommend you develop a few other stress-coping strategies:
- Breath-based movement (yoga, tai chi, pilates)
- Journaling and personal reflection
In time, these strategies benefit not just your mental health but also your overall well-being.
Step 4: Nourish Yourself on the Inside (and Out)
In order to live a happy, balanced life, you need to prioritize taking time to connect with yourself.
That means reflecting on what you’re feeling, as well as taking good care of your physical wellness.
To experience overall physical health, you’ll also need to consider:
- Diet – Antioxidants, the substances found in fresh fruits and vegetables, play a significant role in reducing signs of aging, combating inflammation, and promoting overall health. Make sure you’re eating a well-rounded diet with more fresh, whole foods than processed foods.
- Supplements – Depending on where you live, it may be hard to find fresh, juicy fruits and green veggies year-round. CBD is one supplement that helps to promote overall health. Depending on your needs, you might also be interested in Vitamin D, Vitamin C, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Skincare – Beauty isn’t only skin deep, but looking good sure helps us feel good! Beyond that, our skin is the first line of defense against invading pathogens. Keeping your skin hydrated and happy actually benefits your immune system. Try out a CBD moisturizer to experience hydration and supple, glowing skin.
Step 5: Prioritize Sleep
There’s just about nothing better you can do for your health than getting eight hours of sleep. Sleep replenishes your mind, heals your body, and resets you for the day ahead.
We know that all the night owls out there are rolling their eyes. However, it is possible to create a consistent sleep routine!
For best results:
- Set a consistent bedtime and wake time—and stick with it.
- Clean and organize your bedroom to avoid mental clutter.
- Use CBD as part of your bedtime routine to help feel physically and mentally relaxed.
- Make sure you have a comfortable mattress and pillow.
If you’re new to prioritizing sleep, it may be slow-going at first. When you have difficulty falling asleep, you’ll likely be tempted to sleep in.
However, the more regularly you can stick to your new routine, the quicker you’ll adjust and find a new level of balance.
Step 6: Keep Consistent
The ultimate key to learning how to live a balanced life?
Knowing that you’ll eventually be knocked off-course.
Going through life isn’t like walking a balance beam. Not every detour is a fall. Instead, it’s more like flying a kite. Gusts of winds may blow you off-course from time-to-time, and you may even fall out of the sky every so often. But if you learn to surf the waves of wind, you’re more likely to stay aloft—and to enjoy it!
When you veer off course from your CBD health and wellness routine, the best thing you can do is get back into it as soon as you can. Forgive yourself for small mistakes, and get back to doing the things that help you feel happy, healthy, and balanced.
Are you trying to become resilient in the face of unpredictability? Resilience’s CBD products are specially formulated to help athletes and everyday adventurers sail through the tides of life.
CBD’s beneficial effects are best felt with consistent use.
Check out our array of CBD oils, gummies, bath bombs, and more to find the products that help you find your center each day.
SF Weekly. Do That Last Squat. https://www.sfweekly.com/sponsored/do-that-last-squat-cbd-can-help-reduce-exercise-induced-inflammation/
INC. 7 Secrets Successful People Living A Balanced Life. https://www.inc.com/jim-schleckser/seven-secrets-of-successful-people-to-living-a-balanced-life.html